From S.L.A.A.’s experience, those who are recovering from sex and love addiction suggest that you:
- Don’t act out – just for today, this hour, this moment – no matter what! IT WILL PASS.
- Ask for help on a daily basis.
- Set aside a time of prayer each morning and ask “Help me to stay away from ________ for today.”
- Set aside a time of thanks each night and express gratitude for the help received by saying “Thank you.”
- Attend S.L.A.A. Meetings regularly.
- Get a Sponsor.
- Define your bottom line behavior. (with the help of a Sponsor)
- Talk to an S.L.A.A. person on a daily basis before, during and after your Withdrawal period.
- Get active in Service in your meetings and in S.L.A.A.
Tools for the Newcomer
- LA Intergroup’s Newcomer’s Packet
- Meeting List for meetings in the area
- The Bottom Line monthly newsletter
- Names and phone numbers of sober S.L.A.A. members
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, the basic text of S.L.A.A.
- Conference approved Literature
- The Journal, the “meeting in print” of S.L.A.A.
- Prayer and Meditation
- The Twelve Steps
- Personal Journal
- The Serenity Prayer – “God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.”
Above all KEEP COMING BACK! It works if you work it and you’re worth it.