Fellowship Wide Services (F.W.S.):
Did you know that the Fellowship Wide Services (F.W.S.) Office. . .
- provides worldwide meeting information to newcomers, to members moving or traveling to other locations, as well as to other interested parties via the website, telephone, mail and e-mail. Our office hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm CST.
- maintains a database of worldwide Groups, Intergroups, Lone Groups, group contacts, meeting times and dates via the F.W.S. website. In addition keeps separate databases for Conference members, Committee members and F.W.S. Newsletter subscribers.
- gives free information to potential newcomers as well as to professionals who may be interested in further information about S.L.A.A.
- sells/offers group starter kits and assists new groups in getting started.
- with the help of several people and committees publishes the F.W.S. Newsletter approximately four times per year. The F.W.S. Newsletter is distributed via e-mail or hard copy for anyone that does not have access to email.
- provides a place for groups and Intergroups to turn to for feedback and information on group-related issues.
- works with Intergroups, Groups and other S.L.A.A. “offices” to provide information to our members and to those seeking help.
- supports Conference Committees in their work such as helping provide prison outreach to correctional institutes, assist with production of the Journal and creating new recovery products/tools and new literature.
- generates more than 2600 invoices, publishes and ships more than 80,000 pieces of S.L.A.A. literature and recovery tools a year including 15 pamphlets, 4 Journal booklets, the softbound Basic Text, softbound The First Ten Years of the Journal and a bi-monthly publication called the Journal.
- responds to national and international media and the professional community inquiries via the BOT Public Relations Committee and the F.W.S. staff.
- sponsors the Annual Business Conference and Meeting (ABC/M). This involves securing a site, handling logistics, securing housing, food and audio/visual equipment, handling all aspects of pre and onsite registration, administering the Travel Equalization Fund, obtaining local volunteer help, running the auction, processing all monies, and attending to anything that may arise when sponsoring a conference.
- has to be maintained so that all of the above can happen. Employees handle all facets of the office operations including: purchasing of supplies, equipment and merchandise, production of merchandise, creating a budget and monitoring it, all accounting and tax functions, and adherence to government guidelines regarding administration of a non-profit organization.
- does all of the above solely to help fulfill our primary purpose as stated in Tradition Five, to carry the S.L.A.A. message to the sex and love addict who still suffers.
- is fully self-supporting according to Tradition Seven. The F.W.S. Office does NOT accept any contributions from outside sources. It relies entirely on contributions from groups and their members to support its functioning as well as the sales of S.L.A.A. Conference approved literature.
Individual Contributions to Fellowship Wide Services
If you are a member of S.L.A.A., you can help F.W.S. to continue to provide these services by making a contribution to them directly. Online contributions can be made at this link, and more information about contributing can be found here.