Conference Committee Support Flyer* (pdf) (*this flyer contains some outdated information)
Anyone can get involved in conference committees supporting SLAA Fellowship Wide Services. For more information and to sign up for a committee, see the links below or contact Ron G. at (323) 467-3868 / firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Leadership Mentoring Chairperson).
Below is a list of all the conference committees available. Participation in more than one committee is welcomed.
- Conference Anorexia Committee (CAC) – www.slaafws.org/cac – The Conference Anorexia Committee is responsible for working to compile stories of anorexia and writing other anorexia literature. Flyer (pdf)
- Conference By-Laws Committee (CBC) – https://slaafws.org/fwsnewsinfo – The Conference By-Laws Committee is responsible for maintaining and updating the current S.L.A.A. By-Laws.
- Conference Charter Committee (CCC) – www.slaafws.org/ccc – The Conference Charter Committee is responsible for running the Annual Business Conference and Meeting. Creates the agenda, develops the business meeting items to be addressed and generally chairs.
- Conference Diversity Committee (CDC) – www.slaafws.org/cdc – The Conference Diversity Committee (CDC) helps diverse groups within S.L.A.A. get their recovery needs met in the Fellowship.
- Conference Finance Committee (CFC) – www.slaafws.org/cfc – The Conference Finance Committee is responsible for the allocation of funds to the various Conference committees based on their requests and the available funds and helps increase financial support.
- Conference Hospitals and Institutions Committee (CHIC, formerly CPOC) – www.slaafws.org/chic – Responsible for carrying the message of recovery to sex and love addicts who are incarcerated; in treatment for substance abuse; in halfway houses; and/or who are unable to attend regular S.L.A.A. meetings. The committee has assisted with the start of and maintenance of meetings within the prison communities, providing literature, sponsors and pen pals for addicts incarcerated in correctional facilities.
- Conference Healthy Relationships Committee (CHRC) – www.slaafws.org/chrc – Responsible for spreading the message by creating and updating more literature and recovery tools for SLAA members, with a focus on healthy dating practices and maintaining healthy relationships. They have been working on writing and revising literature about healthy dating practices and tools, collecting stories from couples’ who have experienced some success, and creating teleseminars on healthy relationship themed topics.
- Conference Intergroup Communications Committee (CICC) – www.slaafws.org/cicc – Responsible for the ongoing open communication between Intergroups of S.L.A.A. Focuses on sharing information and working together to make the Intergroup more effective.
- Conference Internet Committee (CIC) – www.slaafws.org/cic – The Conference Internet Committee is responsible for working to develop and maintain S.L.A.A.’s presence on the Internet.
- Conference Journal Committee (CJC) – www.slaafws.org/cjc – The Conference Journal Committee is responsible for the creation of the monthly/bi-monthly Journal “meeting in print” magazine focusing on S.L.A.A. recovery and related issues.
- Conference Literature Committee (CLC) – www.slaafws.org/clc – The Conference Literature Committee is responsible for creating, reviewing and editing literature that is submitted for conference approval. Flyer (pdf)
- Conference Member Retention Committee (CMRC) – www.slaafws.org/cmrc – Responsible for determining why “old-timers” leave the program, accessing their wisdom, experience, strength and hope, and implementing ways to help retain those with many years of S.L.A.A. experience within the S.L.A.A. program.
- Conference Public Information Committee (CPIC, includes former CIC) – www.slaafws.org/cpic – Responsible for assisting with public information requests. Now also responsible for working with the BOT, F.W.S. and the fellowship-at-large to develop and maintain S.L.A.A.’s presence on the Internet. This includes reviewing content to identify the presence of legal, 12 Step and 12 Tradition issues. The CPIC participates in the S-Fellowships InterFellowship Forum and helps to maintain an IFF website (sexrecoveryfellowships.org).
Conference Service Committee (CSC) – www.slaafws.org/csc – The Conference Service Committee is responsible for educating and increasing member commitment to service.
- Conference Sponsorship Committee (CSPC) – www.slaafws.org/cspc – Responsible for is responsible for encouraging and promoting sponsorship among the members of S.L.A.A. The CSPC has a Long-Distance Sponsorship and Recovery Support Program (LDSRSP), which matches sponsors to sponsees who are having trouble finding local sponsors. Take the LDSRSP Flyer (pdf) to your meetings, or contact the CSPC to help.
- Conference Steps and Traditions Committee (CSTC) – www.slaafws.org/cstc – Responsible for assisting in responding to inquiries from individual members, groups and Intergroups in relation to issues and problems having to do with the interpretation and application of the Steps and Traditions.
- Conference Translation Committee (CTC) – www.slaafws.org/ctc – Responsible providing support to International S.L.A.A. Intergroups and/or groups to carry the message of recovery to the suffering sex and love addict in his/her own language. Flyer (pdf)