Welcome to S.L.A.A. Los Angeles
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.) Los Angeles is a service arm of Fellowship Wide Services (F.W.S) / The Augustine Fellowship. S.L.A.A. members have found ways out of the pain and confusion caused by Sex and Love Addiction by participating in the Sex and Love Addiction 12-Step program. We want to tell others who are experiencing the same addictions that there is a solution. S.L.A.A. Los Angeles combines the resources of the individual meetings in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas to carry out projects that would be difficult for a single meeting to achieve.
The S.L.A.A. Preamble*
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.) is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition-oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous. The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership, and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction we draw on five major resources:
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements, or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every S.L.A.A. member. Additionally, we try to avoid drawing undue attention to S.L.A.A. as a whole from the public media.
*©1985, 2003, 2012, 2013 The Augustine Fellowship, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This preamble is also available as a PDF from the S.L.A.A. Fellowship Wide Services (F.W.S.).